Hellyers Road Distillery. Rare. Unique.
By every stretch, Hellyers Road Distillery is without equal. With many unique characteristics, our distillery is proud to produce single malt whiskies of unrivalled distinction. But how you ask?
- We are home to arguably the world's most unique whisky still (known as the 'Secret Still').
- We are recognised for having an incredibly unique and distinctive signature style - rare in today's age (think Ardbeg, Glenmorangie).
We brew our own wort for mashing, distil our own new make spirit and bottle our own whisky. One of the very few true craft distilleries in Australia to do this.
- We often produce triple distilled single malt whiskies - rare for a southern hemisphere distillery.
- We produce a variety of highly recognised and unique peated whisky styles awarded on the world stage.
- We release our single malts at an average age of 12 years old.
- We are one of only a few producers in the world to make truly fresh cream single malt whisky liqueurs.
Over the years, many myths have shaped the folklore surrounding Tasmania's 'Secret Still' and surrounding distillery. Hidden from prying eyes, it fuels fire to the numerous anecdotes that are laid bare to lucky visitors who embark on joining our infamous Whisky Walk Distillery Interpretation Tours
. With an abundance of storytelling and secret reveals, Hellyers Road stands as arguably one of the world's most unique distilleries.
To discover more, you'll have to visit us.